Friday, August 29, 2014

*Happy Memories*

I absolutely love this picture. It's one taken of my grandpa and I when I was probably around 6 or 7 (yes I'm a very small person lol). There was absolutely no one I adored more than my grandpa when I was little. I was his little "Anna Maria" and I'm pretty sure he thought I could do no wrong. (Somehow Granny didn't fall for that one lol) Anyways, I thought I'd post it here because it makes me happy. I spent every Friday night at my grandparents house from my very first memories until my Grandpa passed away. That's 16 years of memories just from one overnight stay a week for six months out of the year. I have so many happy memories of time spent with both of them. Whenever I feel a little down or just really missing either of them, I love to look at the pictures I have with them. I don't think there was anything they wouldn't do to keep us kids happy. But my best memories were of spending one on one time with Grandpa in his red chair. I'd always end up asleep on his lap on Saturday afternoon before going home. And I'm sure Grandpa didn't mind cause he always enjoyed a good nap, too! Even now when the windows are opened, the birds are singing, lawnmowers are buzzing in the distance, and the wind is blowing the chimes I am automatically transported back in time to those moments. It just gives me so much peace and serenity that it's hard to explain. Sometimes I just soak it up, other times I'll tell whoever is around me what memories these surroundings bring back, and sometimes I just go and take a nap to relive the moment.

As for me in general, I've actually had some pretty good days recently. Been doing a bit better and somewhat keeping my emotions on track. I've caught up on those dreaded thank-you cards but I still have more to go. I hate doing it but it still amazes me how many lives Granny touched! I did get some, I wouldn't say bad, I guess it was more upsetting news about my friend that's currently dealing with cancer. Her prognosis is still extremely good but because of the type of cancer it is, she does have to have another surgery. Just another thing that she'll have to recuperate from but I know she will. She's a tough one!! I'm also in the middle of making her a little care package. It's nothing too major since she'll only have to do radiation but it has some things that will be useful and some items that I know she'll just enjoy. Fingers crossed she likes it!! Anyways, I guess that is it for now. Time to turn off the electronics and head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment